What are your favorite holiday traditions this time of year? Do you like to bake cookies? Ice skate? Host an ugly Christmas sweater party? Watch Christmas movies? All of the above!
I think traditions are what make the holidays special for each and every one of us. As kids, we all had traditions that we did every year. For me, it was seeing the lights in downtown Saint Pete, pictures with Santa, and putting the milk and cookies by the fireplace and sprinkling the front lawn with “reindeer food”. Since becoming married, my husband and I have started some of our own holiday traditions.
- We bake and decorate cookies; the worse they look the better they taste, right? 😉
- Buy a new Christmas tree ornament that represents the year we spent together; it can mark any trips or special moment(s) that occurred.
- We decorate a gingerbread house. Hint: get one of the pre-built kits at Target so that all you have to do is decorate and not worry about it falling apart.
- Visit the botanical gardens to look at their Christmas lights display; If you’re local it’s a must see!)
- Visit Walt Disney World; If you’ve never been at Christmas you’ve got to go!
What are some holiday traditions you do every year?